The Advertising industry is undergoing a dynamic and revolutionary change. Since the rise of social and digital media, exciting new career opportunities are emerging for talented people in the areas of marketing, management, creative, social media, digital production, and media.
Macleay College is positioning itself on the leading edge of this change to fill the talent gap in these rapidly evolving sectors by launching a new Bachelor of Advertising and Media degree. This will be Australia’s only dedicated Advertising degree, offering a holistic overview of the advertising industry. Students will work in collaborative teams on interactive and real-world projects to gain deep insight into the crossover between management, creative and media and how these are becoming increasingly interdependent.
The Bachelor of Advertising and Media was developed in consultation with key industry leaders to ensure that graduates will be highly relevant and useful from day one in emerging job roles. The industry consultants include:
- Linda Anderson, Professional Development Manager, The Communications Council
- Andrew Barnum, Creative Principal at Barnum Group
- Matthew Deprado, Creative Director
- Sophie Madden, Chief Executive Officer, Media Federation Australia
- Aaron Michie, Chief Innovation Officer, ZenithOptimedia
- Alex Ritchie, Creative Director at e2 Creative Group
- Gaye Steel, Marketing Consultant
- Ian Thomson, Head of Advertising, Macleay College
- Andy Wright, Co-founder, For the People
- Ben Cooper, Group Innovation Director, M&C Saatchi
- Alice Manners, CEO, IAB
- Ross Raeburn, CEO, Soap Creative
“Advertising is no longer only about creating an ad. It’s about creating brand stories and sharing these among ourselves – and that on whatever platforms we can invent. In the future, there is one thing we can all be sure of, as long as there is a product, a service or an organisation out there who has a message, we will need talented people to create, produce and share it” said Head of the Advertising faculty Ian Thomson.
The degree offers specialised units in brand experience, account management, creative process, copywriting, social media, marketing, media strategy, digital photography, video production, user experience, mobile & app development and entrepreneurship in advertising. From understanding consumer psychology, over learning about the creative process, to uncovering a key insight from big data, these are all areas that are covered by Macleay’s newest degree.
The course will appeal to enterprising individuals who are interested in combining their know-how as strategic thinkers, innovative organisers, creative spirits or numbers people, and those who are interested in the emerging career opportunities in the increasingly diverse industries of advertising and media.
Good reasons to study the Bachelor of Advertising & Media at Macleay College include:
- Qualify in just 2 years
- Industry expert lecturers
- Outcome-focused, practical coursework
- Cutting edge technology, software and facilities
- Industry interaction and internship opportunities
- Smaller classes for a personalised education
- Flexibility to follow your interests
Keep an eye on our website for more information coming soon on the Bachelor of Advertising and Media at Macleay College!